Join us for a day of fun, inspiration and education with John Guthrie.
John will teach you a comprehensive range of skills and techniques to get the most out of your organic vegetable garden this summer. From sowing seeds, transplanting, continuous production, and rotation to maximizing the most out of your space, whether it is a balcony, a courtyard or acres of beautiful land.
Based in the historic gardens at Centrewood Estate, the course will show you the joys of growing seasonal and organic vegetables. The group size is kept deliberately small and there will be plenty of opportunities to explore and ask questions, leaving you brimming with inspiration and practical knowledge.
- Your Day begins with freshly brewed tea or coffee and tasty treats fresh from the kitchen.
- John will discuss which areas you most want to learn about during the day, followed by a talk on the amazing variety, value and flavours you can achieve by growing your own vegetables.
- Next, you’ll move into the kitchen garden to learn about crop rotation, how to make the perfect compost and how to make your soil work for you.
- You will learn the practical benefits of growing under cover. We’ll teach you the fundamentals of propagation, so you can raise your plants from seed and when and how to transplant.
- Lunch - Gather around the long lunch table over looking the rose garden and sit back and relax over a delicious two-course lunch with refreshments.
- Know your enemy! In the final session, you will learn about organic solutions to deal with the most common garden pests and diseases.
- Q&A - By now you will be bursting with questions, so this will be your opportunity to take away some of John's expert advice for successful growing at home.
$120 pp includes a delicious 2-course lunch with refreshments.